Below the theme ‘Diversified, Decisive, Sustainable’ AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Restricted (AGAG) organised its city corridor assembly for stakeholders to provide an replace on the Obuasi Mine’s actions.
The three-day program, which began on August 17, 2020, was graced with the presence of the Municipal Chief Government of Obuasi Municipal, Elijah Adansi-Bonah, District Chief Government of Obuasi East District Meeting Faustina Amissah, Nananom, representatives of Parliamentarians, meeting members, the clergy, youth teams, NGO’s and different opinion leaders.
In the course of the official opening of this system, Managing Director of the Obuasi Mine, Eric Asubonteng reiterated the corporate’s dedication to constructing relationships with stakeholders by steady engagement.
“One of many important achievements this 12 months 2020, for the corporate, Obuasi, the communities across the mine and Ghana was the commemoration of the primary gold pour of the Obuasi Mine.
“The arduous work put into reviving this iconic mine revealed the significance of teamwork, partnership, dedication, and the enduring energy of shared values”.
The AngloGold Ashanti workforce, led by Mr Asubonteng and supported by Emmanuel Baidoo, Senior Supervisor, Sustainability, up to date stakeholders on the operations of the mine and the standing of the Obuasi Redevelopment Challenge.
Mr Asubonteng assured stakeholders of the corporate’s dedication to the Obuasi Redevelopment Challenge. He indicated that Part II of the challenge was ongoing regardless of the influence of the worldwide CoVID-19 pandemic, which can trigger a slight delay.
A number of measures had been put in place to fight the pandemic, together with on-site testing facility, remedy centre and an ultra-modern Intensive Care Unit (ICU) arrange at AGA Well being Basis (AGAHF). Different interventions embrace:
- Disinfection of all well being services numbering over 20 and all main markets in Obuasi
- Cost of three months’ hire for Isolation Centres for Obuasi Municipal and Obuasi East.
- CoVID-19 protocols rolled out (face masks, hand hygiene, social distancing, journey and website go to protocols, and so on.)
- USD 100,000 contributed by the Chamber of Mines in direction of authorities’s interventions.
- A Centre arrange beneath Group Belief Fund to supply hand sanitizer
- Three native suppliers engaged, and their capacities constructed to fabricate and provide nostril masks to the mine.
- 205 bins of hand sanitizers, 460 models of Veronica buckets, 650 items of nostril masks and two mini bins of hand gloves donated to host communities and stakeholders.
- 3,000 copies of CoVID-19 training posters donated to primary colleges and non secular our bodies in Obuasi
- Work routines reviewed and modifications made to bussing preparations, principal entrance, workplaces, conferences, and so on.
- Disinfection of buses, workplaces, different work areas
- Distant work association in place (the place potential)
- Revised rosters in some departments, to offer for “again up” workforce and to cut back threat publicity.
- Excessive-risk staff recognized and being managed to cut back their publicity (on a case by case foundation)
With security being the primary worth of the Mine, the protection of staff stay paramount.
Accordingly, the mine has relaunched the ‘Make Security Private’ Marketing campaign, to encourage staff to talk up on security issues, signal and decide to security necessities and commonly give suggestions to groups on security efficiency following the unlucky report of latest fatalities.
Updating stakeholders on the corporate’s social interventions, Mr. Baidoo talked about the corporate’s effort to assist the Authorities, particularly within the space of Training.
“AngloGold Ashanti just lately partnered the Otumfuo Basis and Ghana Training Service to assist governments’ e-learning initiative to facilitate distant instructing and studying for college kids in Obuasi.”
Additional, as a part of the Academic Enchancment Program, AGAG donated 1,200 items of furnishings to primary colleges throughout the Obuasi Municipality and the Obuasi East District.
Likewise, the Senior Excessive Colleges within the Municipality and Obuasi East District obtained 250 Desks and Chairs and 150 Desks and Chairs respectively to facilitate studying.
Amongst different interventions, he highlighted that, the Enterprise Improvement Programme, that has efficiently skilled 100 native SMEs and the Graduate Trainee Programme are all a part of the mine’s Social Administration Plan, the blueprint to deliver an impactful improvement in Obuasi.
In his closing remarks, Mr Asubonteng thanked all stakeholders for the continued assist and warranted that Obuasi Mine will stay proactive in its engagement with stakeholders and conscious of their points and considerations.