50 years in the past
• Among the many topics on the tentative checklist of potential programs on the subsequent Redwood Falls grownup training season have been slimnastics, aviation floor college and blueprint studying. The most well-liked course from the earlier 12 months’s grownup training, lingerie stitching, was to be supplied once more.
• Simply in time for Nationwide Lunch Week, Reede Grey Elementary College changed its previous brown, flat trays with new yellow and inexperienced ones with dividers to maintain the meals from sloshing collectively.
• A salesman from Motorola spoke on the Redwood Falls Hearth Division about how space communities may create a particular ambulance-only radio system for the area.
• Fairfax Police Chief Wesley Smith was featured on the “60 Minutes” information program on a section about abuse legislation enforcement was coping with from violent anti-police protesters, exhibiting it was even a rural drawback.
• The town council was instructed a document 882 camper items, encompassing 3,985 people from 30 states and 5 Canadian provinces, stayed within the Ramsey Park campground through the 1970 tenting season.
25 years in the past
• The library fee thought-about a $25,000 bid from the legislation agency of Nelson and VanHon for the previous Redwood Falls Public Library constructing.
• To chop down on fights in class and on the playground, Redwood Valley Center College introduced in a specialist from San Francisco to show 18 college students battle decision strategies.
• Richard Tubbs of Redwood Falls headed straight to the meat part and rapidly grabbed about $80 price of cuts after successful the annual 60-second purchasing spree at Morgan’s Tremendous Valu grocery retailer.
• Sara Triplett, Mayor of Redwood Falls, and Dave Sullivan, Mayor of North Redwood, wrote a joint letter urging residents of each cities to vote to consolidate the 2 communities into one authorized entity (i.e. city).
• In a Gazette column titled “Digital Age will change how we predict”, reporter Tad Johnson expressed his concern that sooner or later folks would an increasing number of lose curiosity in the true world and spend all their time obsessing over what they see on laptop and TV screens.
10 years in the past
• It was a sluggish day on the Southern Minnesota Beet Sugar Coop facility on Tuesday. Solely 294 semi-trucks stopped by to drop off full a great deal of beets.
• As a part of their service mission, RVMS sixth graders raked leaves from the house of a single mother who labored for the college district.